Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Caged Bird


I dream of having wings in order to fly

Fly out of my cage into the topless blue sky

It traps me within, containing my rage

People pass me by and are amused, there’s no escape

I scream and I cry feeling powerless… a simple captured bird

They may hear my voice but they never interpret my words

I see all the others walking so free

And I tell myself be firm it could some day be me

But a trained bird gets used to its supervised cage

You let it go free… yet it returns the next day

So I go back and forth getting captured in the storm

I have no other place to rest. I have no other place to keep warm

So I may dream… dream of wings to fly away

But its only a way out… its only an escape

So I realize I dont need to be the gorgeous bird with wild wings

Maybe God made me to be strong and spiritually free…




~Elle

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice Piece! I'm a Poet also. Looking forward to reading more, maybe I can share mine as well ;)

    ReplyDelete