Monday, October 1, 2012

Natural Hair Wash Day!


Am I the only one who really loathes wash day?? My hair has a combination of curl patterns and textures which in turn causes it to be easily tangled. To keep the knots and kinks from forming again while I wash and detangle, I have to wash and co-wash in sections. This allows me to cleanse more thoroughly and detangle with as little damage to my hair as possible. 

I have different technique when washing in the shower and washing in the sink. So here is how I go about washing my hair in the shower.

(1) I separate my hair into four sections, pulling each into a ponytail.
(2) I remove one ponytail and begin wetting that section. While adding my conditioner to that section, I began finger detangling and massaging scalp to break up any debris/dirt. 
(3) After finger detangling, I then go through with either my Tangle Teezer or Denman Brush . This is optional. I do not use hair utensils every time I detangle.
(4) Twist this section up and move onto the next one.
(5) After I have detangled each section, I allow the conditioner to sit in my hair as I do the rest of my "business".
(6) After allowing conditioner to sit, I remove one section at a time and rinse with cool water. I add my leave in conditioner and then re-twist to prevent tangling. 

And there you have it! You have any tips on detangling on wash day? Leave comments below.


~Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment