Sunday, September 9, 2012

Healthy Breakfast Options: Meal 1

Pictured (2 Scrambled eggs with green peppers, red peppers, and onions. Served on a bed of raw spinach and topped with salsa)

If you're like me, you LOVE cheesy eggs in the morning! Usually I would eat about 3-4 scrambled eggs with 2 slices of cheese. Well now that I have begun my new lifestyle of eating healthier, I had to find ways of enjoying protein filled eggs without the fattening cheese I love. I have also minimized my proportions so I now eat no more than 2 eggs.

So let's compare 1 slice of cheese to 2 tbsp of salsa. Please note: These nutritional values may vary depending on brand.

American Cheese                                                                            Medium Salsa

As you can see there is a big payoff from switching from cheese to salsa. From fat content to calories, you are making a smarter decision. You can even kick it up by using hot salsa instead of medium if you like spicy foods. Also swap out the butter or margarine for an olive oil spray. Try this out and let me know how you like!


~Elle


No comments:

Post a Comment