Monday, September 17, 2012

Tangle Teezer Review



What it is: Tangle Teezer Original
Size: Fits in palm of hand
Price: $12.99 USD
Material: Handle (Plastic), Teeth (Nylon) 

What it claims: It's a super smooth operator that works the minute hair is lathered and rinsed. Glides through wet or dry hair with no pulling, tugging or yanking. Use to distribute product and provide the scalp with a revitalizing massage. Adds gloss and shine to hair with minimal damage and no pain.
For Hair Types: Any including color treated, weaves, long or short. 

PROS:
Great for travel due to small size
Easy to use
Quick results
Comes in variety of colors
Distributed products well
Painless 

CONS:
Slippery with wet hands because of no handle
When used on dry, coily/curly hair breakage does occur (NOT surprised) 

Final Thoughts: I have been using the Tangle Teezer Original for about a year now. It does exactly what it says with one exception, shine. I do not find that it adds any shine or sheen to my hair when in use compared to other hair utensils. However, it does provide a very easy and painless detangling experience. I also love to use it when doing a ponytail to smooth down any lumps to give a perfect finish. I do limit my use of this brush to prevent hair stress. I only use this brush when my hair is wet, although I have tried it once with dry hair for reviewing purposes only. I love the small teeth on the brush because they move with your hair minimizing breakage. These small teeth eases the strands to untangle rather than forcing as some brushes/combs with stable teeth that do not flex do. 

Side Notes about the Brand: The Tangle Teezer was invented by Shaun P, a color technician from London. The Tangle Teezer line is manufactured solely in the UK, although they have over 40 countries that distribute the products. The teeth on the Tangle Teezer original has been issued a patent, and took about 4 years to perfect. 

Would I recommend/purchase again: Yes/Yes

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Have you used the Tangle Teezer? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment