Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Smile



Loads of confusion and despair running through my mind and my veins.

Times when Im lost and running in circles, fighting against your reigns.

But each day I rise and part my lips to show you my shine.

Pearly whites dare you to cause trouble, attempting to force them to hide.

I smile when Im angry and even when my face stings from your constant lashing.

I smile when Im bruised and hurt, even when my heart has been given a bashing.

This grin is not always real but it tries to feed positive energy to you.

Simply contagious, I notice, as you return the favor without a single clue.

There’s a dark storm inside but my eyes read calm flickering candles lights.

Calming you slowly as I listen to your woeful and unfortunate plights.

I smile even when I want to be in a corner and live off that pitiful frown.

Forcing myself to produce happiness and swallow all of my troubles down.

It soon becomes natural and I forget why I was originally so worried.

I float on a cloud and dance in the wind just like light snow flurries.

As the day goes on I no longer have to pretend that all my worries are gone.

It has grown on me, mind has cleared, and I continue to spread the smile along.

No comments:

Post a Comment