Thursday, September 20, 2012

Healthy Breakfast Options: Meal 2


I'm not a big breakfast person. I am the type of person that I have to force myself to eat. So finding something to fuel my body and isn't too heavy when I don't have an appetite is key. And who doesn't love something that is sweet and healthy at the same time? I know I do.

Smoothie Recipe:
1 cup Plain Yogurt
2 cup Frozen Fruit
1 Whole Banana
1/2 cup Vanilla Soy Milk
1 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 serving Whey Protein 
Splenda (Optional, eyeball it)

This recipe makes enough for the four of us in my household. You can definitely break the servings down to make a smaller batch.  Swap out ingredients to your liking. My children love smoothies in the morning and I love them because it helps to get their needed servings of fruit for the day. Play around with different recipes and see what inspires your taste buds. You can even add veggies such as kale or spinach. Whatever your preference... smoothies are a great way to start your day!

Do you have a smoothie recipe? Share your recipes or ideas below!



No comments:

Post a Comment